Thursday, August 19, 2010

MABUHAY Debra!!




What a sendoff!!

The BEST band, the BEST food, the BEST friends and family!

I don't think I've ever felt such love as I did the night of the party - I was so honored by the folks who came - friends I've known for months and those who have been with me for decades. The party was held at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Redwood City, my spiritual community. The Filipino band, Little Brown Brother, far exceeded my expectations and I can't extol them enough - if you ever have a chance to see them - to dance to their music - DO! Myrna croons ballads and love songs


My friend, Grace, tried to teach the unruly party-goers Tagalog - one table of my over-achiever friends got everyone, but several class clowns didn't even start!






There was dancing and my appreciation speech
















Old friends and new


























And family

















As the cake said (well, not really, unless you were Alice and stoned):
For Friends Who Will Be Missed But Not Forgotten



Salamat Po
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment